Manuscripts should be submitted to email@example.com
All authors interested in submitting a manuscript must prepare their manuscripts, tables, appendixes and figures according to the Manuscript Preparation Guidelines.
All queries related to manuscript submissions can be directed to Dr. Aydeniz, the Editor-in-Chief, firstname.lastname@example.org
Manuscript Preparation Guidelines
All manuscripts must strictly follow the latest American Psychological Association (APA)’s Publication Manual style. Please consult the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association (6th edition, 2010) before submitting your manuscript to ensure that your manuscript follows the APA style conventions.
- J-STEM publishes articles in English only, therefore, all manuscripts must be prepared in American English.
- All manuscripts must be prepared and submitted in Microsoft Word Format.
- All manuscripts must be typed and double-spaced throughout using Times New Roman 12 font.
- All manuscripts must include a title and a running head (shortened title)-without author names.
- All manuscripts must provide a short abstract of 100 to 250 words.
- Use section headings to make your manuscripts reader-friendly. First, second, third, and fourth-order headings should be clearly distinguishable. Use APA headings style while preparing your manuscript.
- Manuscripts must not exceed 25 pages in length, excluding references and Appendixes. The total page numbers should not exceed 32 pages, double-spaced including references, tables and Appendixes.
- Manuscripts should not exceed 30 pages of double-spaced typewritten text, including references, tables and figures.
- All tables must be numbered consecutively with Arabic numerals and captioned.
- All figures should be numbered consecutively (Figure1, 2, etc.)
- All tables and figures should appear in the manuscript text in the main document.
- All Appendixes must appear at the end of the manuscript text in the main document after references.
- Author name or affiliation should not appear in the main manuscript.
Submission of a manuscript indicates that:
- the authors have reported unpublished, original work,
- the submitted manuscript is not concurrently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- all named authors have reviewed and approved the manuscript in its submission form.
- the author(s) must indicate the field of STEM the manuscript addresses.
- Most authors quote from other sources. It is the responsibility of the corresponding author to obtain written permission for a quotation from unpublished material, or for all quotations in excess of 250 words in one extract or 500 words in total from any work still in copyright, and for the reprinting of figures, tables from an unpublished or copyrighted source.
- The authors acknowledge that they have strictly followed the applicable ethical guidelines regarding research that involve human subjects.
There is no submission fee for J-STEM. J-STEM is an international peer-reviewed open access journal.
Peer Review Process
J-STEM follows a blind peer-review process. Authors are therefore required to submit a blinded manuscript without any author names and affiliations in the text, references, or on the title page. Self-identifying citations and references in the manuscript text should be avoided or left blank when manuscripts are first submitted. The review process typically takes around 6 months.
If your manuscript is accepted for publication, proofs will be sent to the corresponding author. The corresponding author is then required to return/submit the corrected proofs within five days of receipt.
All authors will be required to sign a copyright transfer form, and post it to the journal editorial office via email before the manuscript can be published. A copyright transfer form can be obtained from here.